Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13914 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve November 21, 2017, 03:27:17 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  Live Steam  |  Live Steam  |  Jack Miller Sr's Railroad The Beginning of a Master Piece
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jack Miller Sr's Railroad The Beginning of a Master Piece  (Read 8508 times)

LiveSteamer

Re: Jack Miller Sr's Railroad The Beginning of a Master Piece
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
Thank You Guys.

Offline R.C.Teed

• Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
    • http://great-western-ry-fan.zoints.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of Jack's passing his railroad truly was amazing and an inspiration !! It's too bad his work will be torn up.
Maybe You can beat the train....
  Maybe You're Dead Wrong!!!

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
  • Monday mornings are never good
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:37 AM »
Sorry to hear the  news Mat.
Our thoughts are with you and yours at  this sad time.
Thanks for sharing the amazing little world he was involved in creating, I have veiwed them in awe many a time, and shown them to others,  It is sad that it is to be torn up and sold, but he  has certainly left a beautiful legacy forever with those photos. 
No doubt they will bring back wonderful memories of the man and his dreams for many a day.

Jack 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 05:54:00 AM by O.B.Jack »
If at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you tried

LiveSteamer

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »
Just to let everyone know. Jack passed away on July 17, 2008.  :'( The backyard railroad is going to be torn up and sold. When I get more pictures of the railroad from the past they will be posted. Thanks for all who viewed this railroad as it was indeed a masterpiece.

LiveSteamer

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 01:31:06 AM »
Thanks Guys. ;D

Stuart

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 07:33:24 PM »
That distusting... What a sad thing to do...

OH why, Why oh why... It should have been built is Australia so I could visit it and help run trains...

That layout (layout oh yes) rockes.. I just love the tunnel and the water tank..

I will have too put it on my to do list when I get State side.. Please Please can I visit  :PwP: :PwP: :PwP:

have a nice day  ;D
Stuart

LiveSteamer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:41:41 AM »
Yes Jim, the railroad is still in operation. He has added some more track to the layout and a few other odds and ends to it.

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:01:09 AM »
That is a really nice looking private railroad! Is the railroad still in operation Matt? That is some great looking track work. Keep the info comming on this Matt, excellent coverage! Those guys look like they were having some fun times in your pictures; and nice locomotives too!!!!!
 :GP
James

Hurricane Pass Mining & Timber R.R. Co.

LiveSteamer

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »
This railroad has changed over the years since my Grandfather has started it. The trestle for one had to redone because of many years of not being treated and taken care. Since then a new trestle was built and he has expanded the railroad more. This railroad is not completed yet and hopefully in the near future it will be. I will be making a trip to my grandfathers here sometime soon to get photo's of the updated railroad. So be watching.

LiveSteamer

Jack Miller Sr's Railroad The Beginning of a Master Piece
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
Circa 1982 - 1983

Jack and Rita standing next to the Water Tower on the Railroad

Water Tower on the  RailRoad

Jack is seen here running a PRR Diesel! Live Steam Huh Jack (Pap)

Circa 1990 - To Present ( The whole railroad was dual gauge until about 1993-1994 when Jack removed the 1 Inch Scale and just kept it to 1-1/2 Inch Scale )

This is a drawing done by Jack Miller of his railroad

Jack getting a little bit of help on how to lay some track in July 1990.

Joe Mastrorocco running his former K4s #12 at Jack's RR in August 1990.

The East Portal in August 1990.

The East Portal in August 1991.

The West Portal in August 1991. Side Note, This tunnel was 120' Long. Also this tunnel is no longer on the railroad.

Joe Mastrorocco and Jack Miller Sr's engines lashed up pulling a frieght across the bridge in October 1992. The first engine is a G-5 (Joe's) and the second one is a M1b (Jack's). The passenger on the train is Misty Miller, Daughter of the Late Jack W Miller Jr.

Trackside Modeler  |  Live Steam  |  Live Steam  |  Jack Miller Sr's Railroad The Beginning of a Master Piece

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.1 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Page created in 0.027 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx