Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13916 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve January 21, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Car Shop  |  Spurs (Moderators: steammodeler, Dawg)  |  In The Beginning.............
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: In The Beginning.............  (Read 29126 times)

Offline ak-milw

• Trackside Master Modeler
  • Conductor
Re: In The Beginning.............
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »
Jack,
 The whole thing is shaping up nicely, Can't wait to see the dock area!!!

:blues:
Andy Kramer - Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement

Offline R.C.Teed

• Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
    • http://great-western-ry-fan.zoints.com/
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »
 :toocool: Jack, Your Main street looks very nice. The placement of the structures is Great! the Old Garage is amazing! Your layout is Inspiring to say the least!
Maybe You can beat the train....
  Maybe You're Dead Wrong!!!

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
  • Monday mornings are never good
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »
There have been a few developments  on the Line since we were here last.
Mainly a new construction company :blues: has moved into town and has done a wee bit of building for the owners.
Some of those buildings have been relocated to what will one day be the main street of PistonBroke.

Firstly The Old Garage

Then the Pub

And the Boarding house

A few cardboard attractions to make the up numbers

Add a few lights and an old tractor dealership and we have a main street taking place

While up at The Wills farm  a little "reno" is going on

And it looks like he even upgraded the road  to service the bridge once again

So a little bit of activity has occurred, and in time I guess a bit more is yet to come .

We haven't ventured down to the docks yet, time for that anon I guess, so from the Builders (" Kramers and co."),  and The owners of the PistonBroke Line, (The War Office  {j} and the Boss  @#, )  g'day to you all 'till next time.

Jack  @#

If at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you tried

Offline wickman

• Conductor
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »
Wow Jack that is a nice chunk of realestate you've acquired.
Lynn
Modeling the L&M Rocky Mountain Pass

Current Layout Progress -> http://tracksidemodeler.com/index.php?topic=950.0

The old layout -> http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0

Offline ak-milw

• Conductor
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2008, 09:33:19 PM »
You don't have to go that far Jack, allthough I would be honored to have my name on one of your buildings!!

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »
Yep. Thanks for the suggestion Andy, ...your on.  :up:
I do have a few more buildings to come and with the spaghetti maze I have for a layout I need more Land for them.
(That's what happens when I go like a bull at a gate just to get some trains running.   {j}  )
Soundz like I will have a "Kramer" Building  :blues:  somewhere then eh? You being in on the development plan and all.

Jack  @#

Offline ak-milw

• Conductor
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
Het Jack,
 Looking real nice. If it were me though I think I would put in a little more land, maybe up in the corner against the wall. That way you could get in a few more buildings and run a spur off the siding along the edge.

Just a thought!!

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2008, 04:03:56 AM »
The title deeds have just changed hands on the new right of way.   :race:

The management sent a photographer out to survey the virgin territory.

I think that the developers would like to see a land backed wharf here somewhere

And  a family beach? Or get back to nature .... a nudist beach maybe?
So plenty of space at the moment,    :whwh:  but there are more buildings to come so will need a large land offering, but will end up not having enough. lol

So any ideas on land use and design are /will be appreciated. 

Jack  @#

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »
real estate deals are always great. Your becoming a regular land barron there Jack.
....But at great cost to the management.. I think the partnership deal just slips ever so slightly in favour of the War Office every time one of these transactions go down.   ;D

A port will be nice but if you were to lower that corner it might open up more options.
Yep, thanks Lynn. I could easily lower that corner I think. Was your suggestion to drop down  to some water?
 I'm open to all Ideas. Early days yet, the main thing was to get the extra land in a moment of weakness from the War Office.

So how far do I need to be below the current level to give a realistic height dock?

The bit of realestate to be attatched was going to be water and lower than the layout, and then wharves or docks/landings were to be constructed out over the water.
maybe I should actually draw a plan,  or someone else can if there are any ideas out there.  :PwP:

Jack  @#

Offline ak-milw

• Conductor
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:33 PM »
real estate deals are always great. Your becoming a regular land barron there Jack.

Offline wickman

• Conductor
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »
A port will be nice but if you were to lower that corner it might open up more options.
Lynn

The old layout -> http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:35 AM »
News just to hand.....
                                 "The owner of the PistonBroke Line has just issued a Press release stating that the RR has just purchased some more real estate.
Part owner and chief Bottle Wash, Jack  @# D-Ripper, enclosed this photo of his new Purchase
He stated that in it's unimproved state the Capital value of the purchase was not great, however it has cost him
1: two "I love you's"  :PwP:
2:Three dishwashing sessions,  :PwP:
3:One window washing session   :PwP:
4:and a cup of tea in bed, ......   :PwP:
The previous owner, who he would only identify as "The War Office" was.... ( after the first Tantrum) ....very reasonable he said.
When asked what the ongoing maintenance on the land would cost he could only indicate    (_!_) as the previous owner was still next door.
Once annexed,
The land is to be adjacent to this end of the RR. and will be hopefully developed into a thriving Port

Jack  @#

Offline wickman

• Conductor
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »

I know you are going down the same route, so first up
 your challenge is......how you are going to construct your board and will you post a "how to" please?  :up:

Jack  @#
Well as it is summer not much goes on in the RR room other than running trains once in a while. Once the cold comes the bike gets put away and I plan on finishing off the wharf with water and a few other scenes. Electrical panel will come at some point , I always post way to many pics of how I do it and I will. I've tried running with the computer , it works great. I plan on putting an old computer in the RR room. I'm still working on getting a bit more space into the Rec room.
Lynn

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Conductor
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2008, 01:13:26 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys,
When I posted the last update here there were big red letters across the top asking me if I wanted to reply on this thread because the last time there was a post here was over 120 days ago.  :o  I didn't realise how slack I had been. As I said, there are   a few kits on the way so I will see if I can lift my game.  :cow:

Nice job the bridge looks great , you can always put a mirror surrounded by trees on the end to give the proper illusion. I too often will mess around to get something working right ie wireing lite boards then document how I did it and unfortunately it goes on my to do list. Just curious here you have wabbits and tortoises and a switch board , I thought you were dcc , I do dcc and operate all my switched via the hand controler. I do plan on having a switch board just for switch direction lites , green and red which I did manage to figure out and is now on the do do finish list
Thanks for the tip Lynn,and yes I am DCC, and the reasons behind switchboard and panel was
A: to find out how it all works ... I need to see a few sparks flying, smell the melting plastic and actually do it, rather than read how and wonder if I could...... Its just the way I learn,
B: I can now have someone else involved in routing the trains, I don't have to get all confused and flustered if a collision is coming   :fan: and I have to flick hurriedly through the menu to find the turnout to switch on the handpiece...
.......I just blame the other Dude for the crash...:blues:..

C: I want to try one day, to run the RR from a computer ... just 'cause....... P[:
so I guess I needed the tortoise and wabbitts to achieve this, but I also wanted hands on, and a few turnouts cannot be reached easily so hence the switchboard.

I know you are going down the same route, so first up
 your challenge is......how you are going to construct your board and will you post a "how to" please?  :up:

Jack  @#

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2008, 11:55:39 PM »
 :up: The bridge does look excellent Jack! As for the bridge that goes nowhere......I recall a bridge on "the Truman Show" that didn't seem to go anywhere either but it did make a great place to sip a few cool ones!!

James
James

Hurricane Pass Mining & Timber R.R. Co.

Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Car Shop  |  Spurs (Moderators: steammodeler, Dawg)  |  In The Beginning.............

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.1 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Page created in 0.331 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx