Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13914 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve November 21, 2017, 03:26:15 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Your Workbench (Moderators: steammodeler, GS4)  |  My work area
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My work area  (Read 5371 times)

Don

Re: My work area
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »
Thats a great looking work space. has the much loved look.
But where is the hotplate for the hamburgers. :\-

Don

Offline lucas gargoloff

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »
Hey Russ, you have a cool place for modeling, just the right room!!! wish to have one like that!!! COngratulations!!! :up:

Russell

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
Thanks Rich, the doll house lady is bringin her selections for paint colors over next week along with kitchen and bathroom flooring, some lighting fixtures, door knobs, and some other stuff she bought. I'm anxious to wind that up although my wife has ideas for the time it will free up. I'll put some pictures of the Victorian house up on the scratch built structure site. Will, I feel very lucky to have the shop that I have. I have friends that have much larger shops and more equipment but I'm able to do most of what I want and am thankful for what I've got. I share this end of the basement with the washer and dryer but ya can't have everything.

Offline Will_Annand

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
Russell, must be nice to have that much room.
I have to squeeze everything into a 3m x 3m room.
--
Will Annand
Credit Valley Railway, N Scale circa 1900

Offline spyder62

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
Nice work area you have there. The two big projects look great and that Lady will enjoy that doll house. It sure is looking good.
rich

Russell

My work area
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
I've got a tiny shop that has developed over the last 25 years. Almost all the tools I have are sized for model work. I worked in commercial/industrial model shops for twenty years and have all those tools in my shop now that those days are gone. There isn't enough room for two people to sit down but it works for me. Storage is a problem, I've collected bits and pieces all along and stuffed 'em wherever I wasn't workin at the time. Eventually they get moved to some "dead" space but ya can't walk around without bumpin into somethin. Projects of various stages of completion are everywhere but I try to keep 3 workspaces kinda clear. My wife thinks I should finish some of them before I do this train thing but once the bug bites me, I gotta scratch it! I've got 2 big things goin on besides the train layout, a 1/12 scale Victorian house that I started over 20 years ago and haven't worked on for a long time, and a 1/12 scale doll house I'm buildin for a real nice lady who has been patiently waiting for too long. That's takin up the pingpong table and I'm workin on it almost every day tryin to get it out the door. This is my sanctuary, a great place to go when I need some therapy.

Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Your Workbench (Moderators: steammodeler, GS4)  |  My work area

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.1 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx