Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13914 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve November 21, 2017, 03:27:12 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  Live Steam  |  Live Steam  |  Florida Flywheelers 2010 meet
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Florida Flywheelers 2010 meet  (Read 8308 times)

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
  • Monday mornings are never good
    • Warmboard Projects
Re: Florida Flywheelers 2010 meet
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
Thanks James. Truly a large display of engines. A very fascinating time I would think.

Perpetual power, is that the same as wind, solar and wave generated power.
If it was a contained system ie: no flowing river,( or continual source of water) then the water would eventually evaporate huh?

Anyway thanks for braving the cold and posting the pics.   :Dremel:

@#
If at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you tried

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
Thanks for the replys!
The water wheel intrigued me, is this perpetual power. The wheel is powering the pump to provide the water to power the pump and the belt system. On the inside of the building another set of belts is powering a few smaller machines. With the right gearing I would think one could power a generator head and have free power.......just a spin of the wheel to get started????? Seems so simple! I took the pics for the framing more than anything else!

James
James

Hurricane Pass Mining & Timber R.R. Co.

Offline GS4

• Conductor
  • Truly the World's Greatest Hobby
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
 :toocool: :toocool: :toocool:

James, if you think that first engine is big, then you want to see the size of the main engine of a 250 000 ton super tanker. the engines produce upward of 20 000 hp. Sorry I have no photos to show. I used to do repair work on these giant ships. they drw about 60ft, with a further 40ft of freeboard

Cheers, Simon   :up:
Simon J.C.Busby
President, CEO & general factotum of the
Bolder Creek Western Railroad Co

I Intend To Live Forever ---- So Far, So Good !!!

BNSF Forever!!

Offline spyder62

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »
Great photos Jim and thanks for post. Looks a lot like what we how out here Brooks Steam land museum.  Saw mill and all.
rich

Offline Will_Annand

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:52:36 AM »
Some really great looking stuff there Steamie.

Is it true you use the Frankson to power your Dremel?

Thanks for sharing sir.
--
Will Annand
Credit Valley Railway, N Scale circa 1900

Offline ak-milw

• Trackside Master Modeler
  • Conductor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
Thanks Steamy, great looking stuff!!

:blues:
Andy Kramer - Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement

Offline R.C.Teed

• Conductor
    • http://great-western-ry-fan.zoints.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
I thought I had already posted  a reply James but maybe I forgot to hit the post button...hmmm maybe I'm getting old or something.. Anyway,I wanted to say that I really like those old steam machines and the belt drive tools. I have seen similar stuff at county fairs. It looks like You had a great time despite the weather. I would like to go to a really big steam meet someday. Anyway, Thanks for posting the pictures!!
Maybe You can beat the train....
  Maybe You're Dead Wrong!!!

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »
My text box jumps around too much when I have a long post, not sure why; so I'll continue with the pics!  [o:

This is a guys all in one machine shop powered by a good sized gas flywheel engine....kinda like a huge hit & miss engine.
While a mess it shows this guys multitude of powered tools.

A portable steam engine, today we just use portable electric generators!

One of my favorites was this hay bailer.