Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13914 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve November 21, 2017, 03:26:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Weekend Modeling Plans (Moderators: steammodeler, womblenz, GS4)  |  Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010  (Read 4283 times)

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
Re: Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
 -_| Sorry for the delayed reply R.C..

We haven't had a weekend modeling plans thread much recently,Maybe because many modelers are too busy with starting summer projects, outings, and vacations.Etc.
Maybe because some modelers don't accomplish anything on the weekend but during the week. Maybe We should change the title here to weekly accomplishments.
That sounds like a good idea Ron! Often modeling boils down to affording only a slight amount of time and "Weekend Modeling Plans", are only "plans" as reality is many times less than a plan.
When we first started Trackside Modeler several years ago the idea behind "Weekend Modeling Plans" was to encourage modelers to afford at least 1 hour a week minimum thus giving at least 52 hours a year for a hobby. One committed to anything for 52 hours must produce something they like in the hobby; I would think. While most of us spend a bit more than an hour a week involved in our model railroads the postings hopefully encourage others to give a try. Another point of interest about the topic was that it has always been open for viewing without membership. Nonmembers that have a true interest in the hobby that read the "Weekend Modeling Plans" or "Modeling Accomplishments for week of... " may have their interests stirred enough to join our group here at Trackside Modeler.
Let's give it a try!

James
James

Hurricane Pass Mining & Timber R.R. Co.

robteed

Re: Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
Well, I got some of my concrete blocks for my deck installed on my 1:1 house structure. Almost ready to pour concrete. P[:

Offline R.C.Teed

• Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
    • http://great-western-ry-fan.zoints.com/
Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
We haven't had a weekend modeling plans thread much recently,Maybe because many modelers are too busy with starting summer projects, outings, and vacations.Etc.
Maybe because some modelers don't accomplish anything on the weekend but during the week. Maybe We should change the title here to weekly accomplishments. That's just an opinion on My part.
Anyway I have accomplished something today..
A few months back I visited My brother Rob in Michigan and together We went to a Model Train Show at the Michigan State University Pavilion in East Lansing Michigan. While there I bought an Ho scale model resin kit called the "Pilot Point Bank" produced by Bill Bradford-modelmaker... You can see his products here..
www.bill-bradford.com
So today I cleaned off all of the flashing, Washed the parts to remove any oils. And painted the walls,windows and doors. It took quite a long time to paint because of the different textures, Brick, Stone, and wood. It all has to be painted with a brush by hand. But the results are fantastic for this kit.
I will post photo's of the kit real soon in the construction shack under structures.
Maybe You can beat the train....
  Maybe You're Dead Wrong!!!

Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Weekend Modeling Plans (Moderators: steammodeler, womblenz, GS4)  |  Modeling Accomplishments for week ending June 13th 2010

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.1 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Page created in 0.024 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx