Monthly Photo Contest Winners Congratulations

gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
13914 Posts in 1717 Topics by 18 Members - Latest Member: steve November 22, 2017, 07:11:14 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Your Workbench (Moderators: steammodeler, GS4)  |  Your "workbench"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your "workbench"  (Read 41666 times)

Offline womblenz

• Trackside Master Modeler
  • Conductor
Re: Your "workbench"
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2007, 04:07:07 AM »
It anit going to stay neat and tidy for long I can assure you of that  LMAO

Started moving things in and around so here's the pics

I still have plenty to shift yet trying to arrange things but not sure where things are going   P[: P[: P[:

Cheers Warren

Offline O.B.Jack

• Contest Commissioner
  • Trackside Master Modeler (M)
  • Conductor
  • Monday mornings are never good
    • Warmboard Projects
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2007, 08:35:03 AM »
  And look how neat and tidy it is Andy.   [o:

Jack
If at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you tried

Offline ak-milw

• Conductor
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »
Now that a lot of workbench!!!!!!!

:blues:
Andy Kramer - Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement

Offline womblenz

• Conductor
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »
OK guys here's a few progress shots from the new room

Has you can see flat spaceitise is already taking over  LOL

more soon

Cheers Warren

Offline ak-milw

• Conductor
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »
I have been here for a little while now and I just seen this. Well I looked through most of the pic's and thought  it couldn't hurt (that much) My workbench was a Christmas present from my wife and daughters two years ago, they were embarrassed by my self built nailed together bench and got me this one (I LOVE IT)

:blues:
Andy Kramer - Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement

Offline GS4

• Staff Writers
  • Conductor
  • Truly the World's Greatest Hobby
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »
 :rock:    :rock:    :rock:

Hi there Bill,

As is usual with me, I'm late with the welcomes. So let me say welcome to Trackside Modeler and welcome to e great hobby, enjoy your time here, As to the space issue, you sound like one lucky guy. You've no doubt seen the pics of my "work bench", but it's not that bad, when necessary, I claim the kitchen table. After all, as "Head of the Establishment", (title used with wife's permission), I'm entitled to a few perks. So here's wishing you happy modeling and keep us posted!!

Cheers, Simon   :up: :up: :up:
Simon J.C.Busby
President, CEO & general factotum of the
Bolder Creek Western Railroad Co

I Intend To Live Forever ---- So Far, So Good !!!

BNSF Forever!!

Offline Bill Fornshell

• Conductor
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2007, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi Warren,

I agree with the lighting and I have as much space as I might need.  I only share my house with a few cats so I can use the space about as I want.

A recent issue of the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette has a short article about work space.  One of the things this person did was make a sort of heavy / strong table on casters that could be moved around as needed.  I think I will start with something like that.  He used 2 flex neck lamps, one on each of two corners of the table held with C-clamps.   I should start on the rolling table on Saturday.

A couple of items I want are a small drum sander.  I found one at Micro-Mark that will work with wood up to 5" wide and 1/2" thick. I haven't ordered it yet but think it will make a nice "Father's Day" gilt from my daughter even if it is a surprise to her. The other item is a small table saw that will let me saw thin stuff.  This will let me cut all my own wood to scale for what ever I want to make with wood.  I have used larger drum sanders and found they work really nice.   Another item is a small drill press but I am not sure what kind yet.   

Offline womblenz

• Conductor
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 06:37:59 AM »
Hi Bill

Been thinking about this to. I been thinking on how to improve mine as many projects have lead to some issues.

I've found things have need moving and rearanging has i get more materials.

One must buy for you would be good lighting I would lost without mine.

Space brings it's own set of problems to much to lttle

All i did was set a bench up and has new stuff arrives find a place for it. P[: P[:  LOL

cheers Warren

Offline Bill Fornshell

• Conductor
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »
I want to build a work space for my model train hobby.  I am starting from scratch so I can sort of do it anyway I want.  I have looked at the different work areas in this thread and picked up a couple of ideas.

Within some cost limits (maybe up to $2,000 in new equipment over the next 6 months) I am asking for your ideas for a really great workbench / shop area.  The work area will be used to scratch build a lot of what I will use on my layout. I hope to build this area along a wall and or at a corner of a room. For major / large items that may need more space I would put them on a table with casters so I could move them away from their (resting) parking space along the wall or from below a set of shelves / table top etc out into the room when I need to use that piece of equipment..

Thanks

mesajim03

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
Oh,the front door. Ours never gets used either. It's been totally over grown outside for several years now. I plan to make repairs someday but the rear entrance works  and everyone We know is aware and comes in the back any way. I'm not positive but there may be a few salesmen lost out there in the front. We may find them when We clean up out there. ::)

Offline GS4

• Staff Writers
  • Conductor
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
 :race: :race: :race:

Hi M-Jim! Yes, that is a doorway. In fact, it happens to be the "FRONT" door. but it hasn't be used for the past 7 years. We use a patio door down the side of the house as our main entrance. But that will change with hte building alterations and the front door will once again be "THE" front door. As to thet kids. Mine have never left home yet. Not even the one that's married. LoL

Cheers, Simon :up: :up:
Simon J.C.Busby

BNSF Forever!!

mesajim03

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »
Wow Simon,If that was all I had I'd have to stand outside and reach in with grappling poles. I'm much too rotund to squeeze in there. At least everything should be within reach for You. The Boss and I gave each of our Kids two "move backs" at the time they left the nest. They each have used those two move backs at least 5 or 6 times since. It doesn't matter how old they get they are still our kids. Good idea You've got there,grow the house. Good luck Simon. :Dremel:
By the way, there seems to be a doorway in the back. I hope it isn't used very much. P[:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:54:12 PM by mesajim03 »

Offline GS4

• Staff Writers
  • Conductor
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2007, 06:35:11 PM »
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Hey guys! I've found myself a hole for my "Den", all be it only temporary, because if things go according to plan, for a change, the roof will be coming off, in order to extend the house in a vertical transition. Boy is that ever going to cause chaos. But the end result will insure me of a permanent work place, of adequate capacity. Here's a photo of my current "Den".

Cheers, Simon   
Simon J.C.Busby

BNSF Forever!!

Offline womblenz

• Conductor
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 01:47:26 AM »
You have my sympathy Simon Kids are like a boomerang they just keeping coming home while in itself is not bad but they do turn your world upside down when they do.
Good luck finding a new hole to work in.

cheers womblenz

Offline steammodeler

• Site Owner & CEO
  • Administrator
  • Conductor
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
Wow Simon, hate to hear organization interruptis. :fan:
I thought as we got older extra space came easier. You could practice your backdrop painting and camouflage everything, they might never notice. Or put up a false wall with a hidden entrance......it worked for Batman :bat:
Good luck with that....man needs his hobbys too........

@#
James

Hurricane Pass Mining & Timber R.R. Co.

Trackside Modeler  |  The Roundhouse  |  The Workbench  |  Your Workbench (Moderators: steammodeler, GS4)  |  Your "workbench"

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.1 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx